Here is a 100% edible, chocolate Han Solo in carbonite!
You can make one too; it’s so very easy. You won’t even need to use The Force.
Star Wars Han Solo in Carbonite Ice Tray
Dark chocolate for melting
Duff Goldman Cake Graffiti – Silver/Argent
Double boiler or small saucepan and metal bowl
Wax paper/paper towels/plate to catch overspray
Straight/flat edge knife or small spatula
- Melt chocolate in double boiler on lowest heat setting. If you do not have a double boiler, simply place a few inches of water in a small saucepan, place chocolate in a metal bowl sightly larger than your saucepan, and set the bowl on top of the saucepan with water. Heat from the water will gently melt your chocolate. The slower and lower heat you melt the chocolate, the better.
- Periodically stir the chocolate till it’s almost melted. Remove from heat, and continue stirring till chocolate is completely melted.
- Spoon chocolate into Han Solo in Carbonite Ice Tray. You will have one large and six small Hans.
- Use the back of a flat and straight knife or the edge of a very small spatula to scrape off the excess chocolate anywhere you overfilled the mold.
- Gently pick up the filled mold and from a height of about one inch and drop it onto the countertop. You’ll want to do this a few times to help any bubbles in the chocolate to come out the top.
- Pop the filled mold in the refrigerator. The solid chocolate is easier to remove from the mold when it’s extra hardened by the cold.
- Wait a few hours then remove the cold and hardened chocolate from the mold.
Now it’s time to Carbonite these babies!
Place the seven Solos on wax paper, plate, or paper towels to catch any overspray. Shake your can of silver Cake Graffiti well and spray liberally over the top and sides.
Voila! Simply wait for the silver to dry and you now have fanatic approved Star Wars treats!
Love, The Nerdista