Three little words will make you want to try The Nerdista’s recipe for Harry Potter’s ubiquitous beverage Butterbeer. Are you ready for it? Here we go – Beer. Whipped. Cream. You’re welcome.
Butterbeer is the hot toddy that warmed the bellies of Harry, Ron, Hermione and all their friends in The Three Broomsticks, The Hog’s Head, and The Leaky Caouldron inns in the wizarding world. Butterbeer can be served cold in bottles or warm and foamy in tankards. As we’d all like to try The Nerdista’s beer whipped cream, the warm version is below.
Recipe: Butterbeer with Beer Whipped Cream
- 2 oz. of your favorite scotch
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin butter
- 2-4 oz. boiling water (6 oz. if you’d like to make it “barely alcoholic” like in the books or 2 oz. if you’d like it the way The Nerdista likes it)
- Beer Whipped Cream*
- Combine the 2 oz. of scotch and 2 Tablespoons pumpkin butter in a mug. Stir.
- Add 2-6 oz. boiling water and stir again.
- Top with one or two dollops of beer whipped cream.
*Recipe: Beer Whipped Cream
- 6 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz. your favorite stout, Imperial/Oatmeal, etc. (feel free to drink the rest; you’re welcome!)
- 1/2 teaspoon fruit pectin
Beat all ingredients furiously in an electric mixer until stiff. Dollop one to two spoonfuls on top of each glass of Butterbeer.
(***Alternate Cream-less Beer Whipped Cream for the lactose intolerant: beat 1/2 bottle stout with 1/2 teaspoon fruit pectin for more than 10 minutes or until the mixture makes a very, very stiff foam. Use immediately. Mixture will not stay densely foamy long so rewhip as needed to regain stiffness.)
Enjoy! <3 The Nerdista